Back to all jobs
Mexico City, Mexico
Director of Debt Capital Markets
- Solara is seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Debt Capital Markets to lead our efforts in raising debt capital and managing relationships with capital providers. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of debt capital markets and a proven track record of building and executing successful fundraising strategies.
- You will be responsible for developing and executing fundraising strategies to support the growth of our business. This includes identifying potential investors, pitching our company and its products, negotiating investment terms, and closing capital facilities. You will leverage your existing network and relationships with debt investors to run end-to-end deal processes.
- Tasks include preparing financial models, financial analysis, investor presentations, due diligence materials, term sheets, and other transaction materials.
- You will be the primary point of contact for investors and will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with them.
- Develop a strong understanding of market fundamentals and be able to make market- informed contributions to a broad array of financing strategies. Responsible for staying up- to-date on market trends, investor sentiment, and regulatory changes that may impact the company's fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with other internal teams, such as finance and legal to ensure that fundraising efforts are aligned with overall company goals and objectives.
- Maintain compliance: this hire will be responsible for ensuring that all fundraising activities comply with relevant laws and regulations, as appropriate and in coordination with the company’s outside counsel.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in debt capital markets, investment banking, or a related field.
- Experience with energy or infrastructure project finance deal origination and execution.
- Extensive deal experience and can run the end-to-end process.
- A strong network of capital providers.
- A self-starter who can balance the independent and collaborative styles of working.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, investment strategies, and fundraising
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain
strong relationships with investors and internal teams.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to conduct market research and make strategic recommendations based on findings.
- Fluent in English; Spanish a plus, but not necessary.
- Passionate – about fighting climate change.
- Proactive – very strong ownership and willingness to get hands dirty when needed
- Curious – love learning
- Excited about working at an early-stage startup – where you may end up doing all kinds of things!
- Competitive pay
- Working & learning in an early-stage startup environment.
- Working with successful entrepreneurs with a proven track record (4 companies & 1 unicorn founded).
- Stock options of a global-oriented startup with high potential.
- Flexible work schedule
If you are interested,
Back to all jobs